Hello. My name is Moreno and I’m a linguist.
Most of my work revolves around my fascination and frustration with (problems of) language.
- GHENT, BELGIUM | 30 JUNE, 2016
- I will be presenting my work on The great quantifier shift at the 8th Diachronic generative Syntax (DiGS18) in Ghent.
- BERLIN, GERMANY | 29 JULY, 2016
- I will be presenting joint work with Xuhui Hu (Peking University) on The grammar of distributivity in Ancient Chinese at the 9th International Symposium on Ancient Chinese Grammar (ISACG9) at Humboldt University in Berlin.
- WASHINGTON, DC | 11 AUGUST, 2016
- I will be delivering an outreach invited talk on Organic linguistics and natural language engineering at the 11th Snack of Science at the NCBI/NLM/NIH.
- YORK, UK | 7 SEPTEMBER, 2016
- I will be delivering a talk on Inquisitivity & rhetoricity at the Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain (LAGB).
- BERLIN, GERMANY | 3 JUNE, 2016
- I presented on A typology of repetitive(ly strong) disjunctions at Disjunction Days: Theoretical and experimental perspectives on the semantics and pragmatics of disjunction which was held at ZAS, Berlin
- CAMPINAS, BRAZIL | 2 APRIL, 2016
- At a workshop Putting Fieldwork on Indigenous Languages to New Uses, organised by the São Paulo School of Advanced Sciences, I presented on Parametric hierarchies & implications in conjunction systems: synchronic & diachronic perspectives.
- KONSTANZ, GERMANY | 25 FEBRUARY, 2016
- I presented on Indefinite polarisation and its scalar origin: evidence from Japonic at the Annual Conference of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sprachwissenschaft (DGfS).